Friday, August 19, 18:30 - 23:00
The Conference Gala Dinner will take place in the beautiful hall of the Gamle Logen, one of the most famous historical houses of Oslo.
The Conference Dinner costs EUR 80.- per person excluding 25% VAT. This event is not included in the conference registration fee.
Participants are welcome to bring their partner to the Conference Dinner. Accompanying person registration fee is EUR 100.- per person excluding 25% VAT.
To attend this event you need to register through our conference system. The Conference Dinner has limited availability, places will be given away on a first-paid basis.
Reaching Gamle Logen
Gamle Logen can be reached within 5-10 minutes walk from the city center hotels.
By Bus (access only with conference dinner ticket)
- If you are staying around BI Campus, you can take our bus leaving from BI Campus at 18.00.
- If you are staying in the city center, you can use our shuttle bus leaving from Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania. Our shuttle buses will be running from 18.15-19.00 (frequency every 15 minutes).
A group of students of the talent young musicians from Barratt Due School of Music and Music instructor Sun Young Ju-Friedensburg are going to entertain our guests with classical music while dining.
Cancellation policy and refunds
Please look into our Conference Registration page to see cancellations and refund terms. To be redirected, click here.
It is recommended that participants dress in formal attire for this event. Short trousers are not allowed.
Address: Gamle Logen, Grev Wedels Plass 2, Oslo City Center.
From BI Norwegian Business School
- By metro: 25 minutes, metro line # 4 or line # 5 direction Oslo City Center, get off at station Jernbanetorget and walk 10 minutes to Gamle Logen via Dronningsgate direction Akerhus festing Castle. until you reach Grev Wedelsplass plaza and make a short turn to the right towards Myntgata. Walk accross the park towards Gamle Logen.
- From BI: 35 minutes, bus #37direction Helsfyr T from bus stop Nydalsveien (outside BI) to bus stop Stortorvet, walk straight through Kirkegata until you reach Myntgata, make a short turn to the left until Grev Wedelsplass plaza. Walk accross the park towards Gamle Logen.
- From Jernbanetorget (T-Bane): 10 minutes, bus #74 direction Vika, from station at Biskop Gunnerus' gate. Get off at bus stop Rådhusgata and walk straight on Kongens gate towards Akerhus festning Castle. At the corner of Myntgata turn left until you reach Grev Wedelplass plaza. Walk accross the park towards Gamle Logen.
From Nordic Choice Hotels
- By foot: all hotels are within 10-20 minutes' walk, via Dronningsgate or Kirkegata in direction to Akerhus festning Castle
- By bus from Jernbanetorget (T-Bane): bus #74 Vika, get off at bus stop Rådhusgata and walk 3 minutes direction to Akerhus festning Castle.
About Gamle Logen
Gamle Logen is the old house for the Freemasons Lodge and was built by the freemasons in 1836 in Christiania (historic name for Oslo). It was built in empire-style after an initiative from Wedel Jarlsberg. It was a banquet and concert hall for the city of Oslo. Gamle Logen was inaugurated in 1839 and the main hall was officially opened in 1844 with the great Norwegian violinist Ole Bull.
Gamle Logen was left to the city of Oslo when the freemasons built their present hall in 1898, and the hall has served for meetings in the student society and for the town council of the city of Oslo. Archives and the chandeliers were lost during the German occupation of the World War II. The hall was neglected for many years after World War II, but after restoration it reopened in 1988 hosting concerts, banquets and balls.
The hall has been center stage for many historical and cultural events in the city of Oslo and Christiana. Ole Bull is said to have discovered Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson and Henrik Ibsen there, it was Edvard Griegs concert hall and Johann Svendsen wrote several of his most famous orchestral pieces for the artists carnival in Gamle Logen.